Portfolio GP, East Lothian & Scottish Borders
Honorary Clinical Senior Lecturer (Medicine), University of Glasgow
Honorary Clinical Senior Lecturer (Medicine), University of Edinburgh
GMC 612 8595
From 2010-2019 I was a GP on the Isle of Arran in Scotland. As a partner in an island-wide group medical practice, this involved providing medical care to a population that fluctuated from 5,000 to 25,000 people, on an island the size of Greater Glasgow. As rural GPs we provided core general practice as well as prehospital medicine, A&E, intermediate and palliative care.
In July 2019 I relocated to East Lothian,. I worked in Tranent Medical Practice until January 2020 and worked as a locum throughout the county. In January 2020 I joined Lauderdale Medical Practice, Dunbar, becoming a GP Principal (Partner) from April 2020. I teach students from Edinburgh University and continue to do out-of-hours work with Lothian Unscheduled Care Service (LUCS).
In March 2022 I left Lauderdale Medical Practice and became available to locum throughout East Lothian. I also welcome contact regarding opportunities to continue my interests in teaching and training.
I'm also interested in photography and music. You can view my photography portfolio at www.davidrhogg.com.
For matters related to patient care...
Please find me on the NHS Lothian global address book for any sensitive or patient-related correspondence.
For matters related to teaching at Edinburgh University...
For matters related to teaching at Glasgow University...
For matters related to RNLI...
Patient Information Links
- Fit For Travel
- Health Talk
- National Debtline (Scottish site)
- NHS (Scotland) Inform
- Embarrassing Bodies
- Asthma UK - includes useful videos on inhaler technique
Bones, Muscles & Joints
- Lower Back Pain - patient.co.uk leaflet
- Musculoskeletal Advice and Self-Referral - for physio/joint problems via the NHS Inform website
- MSK Scotland NHSInform website
- Carers UK
- Citizens' Advice: Guide to Benefits
- YoungScot guide for Young Carers
Children & Pregnancy
- Ready Steady Baby
- Ready Steady Toddler
- When should I worry?: A guide to self-limiting illness in children
- ERIC - helpful guide and resources for bedwetting
- School illness guide
- Immunisations Scotland
Head & Neck
Student/Young People's Health
- The Lowdown (great website from New Zealand)
- Think Positive' - Student Mental Health resource
- The Mix - 'Essential Support for Under 25s'
- Young Minds